Construction of a 133,500 sq. ft. office development comprising eight (six +2) floors over a single storey basement, the structure consisting of an in-situ concrete frame with the façade being constructed from a combination of curtain walling (both stick and unitised systems) and stone cladding. The basement construction was completed using a secant pile wall outside the perimeter in-situ retaining walls. M&E Installation works to core areas and associated site works. All lift cores, stairwells and toilet areas on each floor were fully fitted out to a very high standard. This project achieved a LEED Gold rating.
A programme of community liaison was undertaken to ensure we minimised the impact of our construction activities upon neighbouring residential and office blocks in what is a busy part of Dublin city centre. As the new building covered the entire footprint of the site with the only access point being on one of Dublin’s busiest streets this created large challenges from a logistics and planning perspective and required the site team to implement strict protocols around site deliveries and site activities, particularly when excavating the basement through rock and a high water table.
An additional challenge was found when, shortly after commencing the superstructure, the client received planning permission for the additional +2 floors which we were required to incorporate into the works. We managed the change order process between ourselves, the client and our novated subcontractors, ensuring that all works were successfully completed on time and on budget. We have subsequently negotiated further works with this client following the successful completion of this project.
The project works include:
- 87, 500 sq. ft. Grade A workspace over eight floors above basement
- nZEB / LEED Gold v4 / BER A3 energy ratings
- Wired Certified Platinum, the IT infrastructure is future-proofed for 5G connectivity to improve mobile speeds, signal reliability, network latency and data security
- 4 Metre slab-to-slab office floor height / 2.9 metre floor to ceiling heights / Floor plates designed to 9m x 7.8m structural grid for 1:8 base occupancy
- 4 Pipe fan coil air-conditioning; Metered CHP system. Air handling units with thermal wheel heat recovery optimise ventilation and air freshness
- Six-storey glazed atrium with extra high revolving doors, bespoke reception desk, underfloor-heated natural stone tiles and feature lighting
- Penthouse floors with large outdoor terraces: 1270 sq. ft. at Level 6 and 3175 sq. ft. at Level 7
- Easily accessed and secure underground parking for 24 cars, 124 bicycles and 2 motorbikes
- Fully addressable lighting system complete with dimming presence and presence detection functions
- 10 shower and changing rooms with storage lockers
- 5no 13-person Kone lifts with destination control and <25 seconds peak time average wait time
- New streetscape public realm with high-quality granite and concrete paving, feature planting and integrated lighting
- 95% of waste was recycled and diverted from landfill
This project was completed by our Dublin team #TEAMmac
|133,500 sq. ft.
|82weeks (exc COVID shutdown)
|Client:- October Management
Project Manager:- Linesight
Architect:- RKD Architects
Agent:- Cushman & Wakefield